Working on a team, this position serves as the primary customer service and administrative contact for all claims where vehicles are under repair. Key tasks include working with vehicle owners, repair shops and clients to facilitate needed repairs, as well as keeping all parties involved in the claim up to date on the repair process.
Education & Training
- Associates degree, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Proficient typist
- Advanced customer service skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Effective problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to multitask
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Contact vehicle owners to assist getting their vehicle into a shop for repairs, keep the owner updated on repairs as well as setting expectations for completion.
- Maintain frequent contact with the repair shops to keep updated on the repairs of the owner’s vehicle.
- Keep client updated on how repairs are coming along
- Re-key vendor repair estimates into claims system
- Maintain thorough records for all relevant claim file activity
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Handle and resolve customer complaints
- Escalate customer complaints as appropriate